There are many traditions of meditation but you don’t have to be religious to meditate and I don’t teach it from any particular religious perspective. My priority is to work with people from their starting point and work with realistically in the world they live in. That might simply be for some just sitting still and develop self awareness We have been incredibly successful at working with people who may not be the type of person you would associate with mindfulness meditation! We aim to demystify mindfulness meditation and bring into the mainstream – meditation is not about clearing the mind, it’s about calming our thoughts and being more present.
So What actually is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is another form of meditation, it’s as simple as that. It focuses on our “awareness that arises through paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgementally in the service of self-understanding and wisdom. ” says Kabat-Zinn who introduced mindfulness into the mainstream in the 1980s.
For me, mindfulness provides an umbrella term for living a more connected and mindful everyday life.
How will Mindfulness and Meditation benefit you?
- Neuroscience (science of the brain) the use of meditation and mindfulness in helping to alleviate many conditions including: chronic anxiety, depression, pain management, long term health conditions such as fibromyalgia, insomnia, mental health conditions, arthritis, high blood pressure.
- Improved Focus. People become distracted less.
- Improved Creativity allowing people to think outside the box.
- Improvements in mood and feelings of well-being and contentment.
- Employees stress less and work with greater clarity and concentration.
How do we Work with You?
We work with people to make meditation and mindfulness accessible to every- day people who just need skills and tools to deal with life’s ups and downs at work and home.
It’s taught in common sense every- day language in a supportive environment which gives individuals and employees the skills and confidence to access meditation and mindfulness when they need it.
All of our mindfulness meditation teaching is seated and our focus is making sure it is enjoyable, relaxing and inspiring to all. We also incorporate deep relaxation into our sessions which gives you an immense sense of inner peace and relaxation. We do this lying down with soothing music, aromatherapy and gongs/singing bowls. Mindfulness meditation promotes personal and professional resilience.
We offer one to one life coaching to individuals and employees all over the world. Methods of coaching include face to face, telephone, email and Skype. Our life coaching is grounded in mindfulness so we are proud to be known as mindful coaches.
Are you struggling with any of the following?
- Feeling close to burn out and constantly overwhelmed by work
- Not being able to switch off from work
- Deteriorating health and well-being
- Lacking motivation or knowledge to improve health and well-being
- Not being able to make decisions or focus
- Struggling with relationships
- Regularly losing your temper or feeling angry at work
- A poor work/life/balance and little time for relaxation
- Lacking creativity and innovation
- Unrewarding career but lacking confidence to aspire to a more fulfilling career
Working with a qualified and inspirational Life Coach will enable you to see more clearly the issue you are dealing with and the options available to you to make realistic changes. Coaching is completely transformational because it shifts people from inaction to action very quickly and helps build confidence. It helps overcome the barriers that are holding you back quicker and easier than on your own because it transforms the way you think from negative to “can do”.
Our unique approach of combining mindfulness with coaching also teaches you to become more mindful in everyday life and enjoy the journey of living, be more content and self aware.
Benefits of coaching in the workplace are proven – you can become happier and more productive at work. You will feel energised and motivated and creative in your approach which in turn hugely benefits you but also your employer. Coaching is always about win-win and this definitely is win-win. Equally if you have an issue outside of the workplace, we can support you through that process.
Employers please ask about our coaching packages for staff.
Employees why not ask your employer to fund coaching for you to support your health and well-being?
For more information about coaching, see the section “what is coaching”.Get in touch